Monday 27 June 2011

Pimping my ride

When I first got the bike the original mirrors gave me a good view of my arms, and very little of the road behind. At the first full service I got Jeff Hall's to fit some better mirrors, you can see them in the picture on the earlier post. These give a good view of everything behind, they vibrate a bit at higher speeds but are still usable - and the bike doesn't do much in the way of "higher speeds".

I've also noticed the difference not having a screen like on the X7, so I've bought the proper Suzuki thing to fit. It's quite small but should provide a bit of protection. The only problem has been that it is designed to mount on the original mirrors, and has the wrong threads for the new ones that I have just had fitted. I left the bike with Jeff Hall's for a couple of days and they have found some bits to make a good job of fitting it. See below.



Next issue - kit storage for two weeks on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment