Friday 10 June 2011

The Bike

I'm using the closest thing I can find to the ubiquitous small motorbikes that are used all over south-east asia. Small engine, usually about 100cc over there, 125cc here - semi-automatic gearbox (no clutch lever) - "step-through" frame - big spoked wheels with narrow tyres - fuel consumption over 100 mpg if you are careful. Basically a more modern version of the Honda C90 I passed my test on back in 1967. In Cambodia the desirable bikes are the Honda Wave, which is called the Innova over here, and the Suzuki Shogun, called the Address here, but no longer imported. Unfortunately Innovas are expensive to buy new (£2,300) and I couldn't find any second-hand ones nearby. However, I found a 2007 Address FL125 which had done 2300 miles for sale on eBay in Keighley. I got it for £785.65, and sold my Piaggio X7 scooter (fuel consumption 65 mpg) to Jeff Hall Motorcycles for £750.



For a review have a look at http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/features/why-suzuki-are-bringing-the-excitement-back-to-biking-455737.html

No comments:

Post a Comment