Wednesday 8 June 2011

Introduction


Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm Pete Bull, for my 60th birthday I want to raise some money for Golden Futures www.goldenfutures.org.uk, the charity which helps disadvantaged Cambodian children make a future for themselves when they leave care homes. Click here to visit my Virgin Money Giving webpage with more details
I am going to visit the furthest North, South, East and West points on the British mainland using a small 125cc motorcycle - the kind used as everything from the family car to a delivery truck in Cambodia. The journey of over 2,000 miles will avoid motorways, and I aim to complete it in less than two weeks. I will have to ride for about 6 hours a day, covering up to 190 miles a day.
Google Maps tells me that the total distance for my anti-clockwise route will be 2,274 miles. I will travel from Sheffield to Dunnet Head, Ardnamurchan Point, the Lizard and Lowestoft Ness before returning to Sheffield. The route crosses the Forth and Severn Bridges and, with a small diversion appropriate for a civil engineer, I will cross the Humber Bridge on the final day to complete the set of major UK suspension bridges.
Through Virgin Money Giving http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Peter_Bull, you can sponsor me and donations will be quickly processed and passed to Golden Futures. I will be funding all the costs of the trip, so everything I raise through sponsorship will go to help the children in Cambodia. If you can spare 1p a mile (£22.74) I will be really grateful, and an extra tenner for each of the suspension bridges will make me and the children even happier.
There will be an opportunity to display some advertising on the bike, and I will be issuing media releases before and during the challenge. So, if you are part of an organisation who would like to link yourselves with the aims of Golden Futures by making a more substantial donation, please contact me through the charity website www.goldenfutures.org.uk or by emailing info@goldenfutures.org.uk
Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment